Wednesday 4 February 2009

Catching Up

After re-reading my last blog and noticing my comments about the chemistry test, I am surprised to say that I got 25/30 on that test, which was an A*! I think I need to have a little more faith in myself hehe!

Anyway, today was pretty normal. I was away at a funeral yesterday and Monday, so all day I kept thinking it was a Monday and going to Monday's lessons which was annoying, and slightly embarrasing when I walked into a year 10 history class 3rd lesson instead of music where I was supposed to be! I got a few funny looks :S

First lesson was english, which I always like because I get to sit next to RB :). However, this particular english lesson we were given loads of homework on top of what we already had (14 paragraph-length questions for tomorrow!). Also, I have extra to do because I missed some analysis of the book yesterday and have to complete my character pages. I should really be doing all this english homework now but it is so cold at my writing desk that I can't bear to move away from the computer and radiator! Maths was next and passed without much amusement, but I liked the volume of prisms stuff we were doing because it's a lovely repetitive formula :).

When I finally got to music (see second paragraph!), we did some past questions on AOS4 (Area of Study 4) and I got full marks on the second question we did (a several-part question). I was well happy coz Sir was pleased with me and gave me a 'Rose' from the tin in his desk :). However, Sir suddenly announced that our composition briefs have to be in by tomorrow and I was panicking because I haven't even thought about it yet. Luckily he said I could do it for next week instead seeing as I needed to record my first composition before I could do anything else....
In biology, I had to do the test I missed yesterday which went ok - I know I dropped a few marks but I don't think I've done too badly (touch wood!). Darn! - we got some biology homework for tomorrow too so I'd better do that in a minute! :S

Last lesson was chemistry and CR and I had some fun laughing at quotes, both Sir's and our own. We were doing displacement reactions which aren't too hard so it was a good lesson, really. I'm off to do homework now, but will leave you with a few quotes:

*Sir: In the name of all that is holy....do NOT mix up the pipettes and solution bottles!

*Lalu: "Is that oxidised because it won or because it lost?" - bless her! :))

*CR: "You know, I''m not sure I really know how to do ionic equations"
*Me: "Arghhhh! My shoee!"


Life is good :). Thing's obviously aren't perfect (or anywhere near!) but, right now, I'm pretty content with my life :)

No comments: