Wednesday 2 February 2011

....and breathe!

EXAMS ARE OVER!!!

Such relief! It feels like I've been revising (or feeling guilty because I'm doing something else!) for weeks, which isn't too far off really - I properly started at Christmas and finished by getting up the wrong side of 5am today to do some last minute cramming for psychology. I'm totally burned out, but the rekindling started tonight with a nap and watching 'One Born Ever Minute'. Tomorrow, an ikea breakfast with my lovely Rachel and impact practice in the evening will add some proper logs, and a weekend with the beautiful Hannah (going to a Malmesbury pub for her boyfriend's birthday drinks on Friday night and having a spa day on Saturday) is sure to get it properly roaring again :).


^not that I have issues with mixing up my subjects! I laughed so hard when I discovered this! :D


^this is what happens when Maddy and I revise too hard...


Biology went pretty well on the 24th January - could have been better but could have been much worse. Chemistry was simply awful, but I knew it would be! It was so, so bad though...I genuinely think I've got a U - will find out on 10th March but am hoping for ridiculously low grade boundaries! Psychology this afternoon was a lot better than I expected - in the end I didn't manage to revise literally about a quarter of what was on the exam (or at least it felt that way) - but thankfully the things I hadn't done didn't come up...

^ my study that day represented my brain - overfilled with horrible chemistry!

My Leicester interview was yesterday and, to be honest, I'm not too sure how it went. The written task was much easier than I expected so I'm not too worried about that, but I know I didn't do as well as I could have at the actual interview - I was so scared! They were really lovely, but I keep thinking back to answers I gave and kicking myself because I know I could have said much better things....still, it's out of my hands now and, whatever the outcome, I don't think I'm going to end up studying medicine to be honest. But I tried, and I'm listening now. I find out in late March/early April whether I'll get offered a place or rejected but whichever way it goes, it's all going to be fine!

^ mine and Mary's feet at Leicester...she was such a blessing to have at my interview, bless her - singing Shrek to me when I was panicking :D.

Mum's operation is on Tuesday (8th) so I'm nervous about that, but I'm trusting that God knows exactly what He's doing.

No comments: