Monday 28 February 2011

On happiness...and quacking like a duck!

I've been crazy busy since my last post! Abersoch was indeed an amazing time - we chilled; we went crabbing; we huddled around in the living and watched daytime TV; we played crazy drinking games and ran around the house in our underwear, quacking!!




I realised how lovely my group of friends at college are, truly. With the exception of Maddy, none of them are Christians, but they accept my faith so easily, as a part of me. I had some amazing drunk conversations with Shannon and Jenna (which I remember but they don't!) which opened my eyes to what genuinely nice people they are :).



While I did drink, and yes, I got a bit drunk, I don't feel guilty about it - because I know that the things I did while drunk in the most part honoured God. I didn't really do things I now regret or deny God in any way - if anything, I was more open to Him!



I also had my BSMS interview on Saturday, and fell back in love with the medical school! It went okay I think - although it's quite hard to tell with these things! To be honest, it could go either way in terms of getting an offer or a rejection so it's something I need to just trust God in. Ultimately, if I don't get in I'll be a happy midwife (or whatever else it is God wants me to do with my life!).



Lately I've been thinking some very profound thoughts - I've learned so much about life and happiness. The last few weeks have been really hard, but I can truly see the way God prepares to catch us even as we begin to fall - it's so amazing. And it's such a cliche, but the pain I've felt recently has really strengthened me. What I've learned about happiness is, whatever the situation, it can be found! What ever is going on, there'll still be God and music, and the sunrises and sunsets lighting up the sky. And, in the words of the wonderful Jaci Velasquez, 'if the sun doesn't come back up, I know Your love will be enough' <3.

No comments: