Tuesday 10 January 2012

Finding a new routine...

Home is definitely my 'new normal' again at this point - I've caught up with most of my friends; been to church 3 times and settled back into a routine of music practice, WASC and my other old activities as well as new ones...



My weekly schedule is becoming clear, and I’m throwing myself into this IMPACT! job. It’s so exciting and I can tell I’m going to learn and grow a lot through doing this – I only hope I can do the role justice, because I’m realizing the level of responsibility involved and it’s challenging, but in a good way. At the end of last week (4th-6th January), the 4 of us that now make up the team (trained youth worker and 3 of us as interns) went away to Northern Ireland to plan and renew the vision for the next 8 months. It was a really valuable time and we grew closer as a team as well as making a lot of progress with the planning etc…






I’m still looking for another (properly paid so I can start undoing my debts to my parents caused by South Africa) part time job, but haven’t heard anything back from the places I’ve applied yet. I’m not pushing things right now because I’m doing a theology course next week so need it free really anyway!
This week has been pretty good so far – the weekend was amazing, because I had Rock Solid and the pub with everyone (including Josh who was over for the weekend) on Friday, then back at WASC on Saturday, as well as a lovely long walk with Josh and THE BEST DAY on Sunday. Was at church from 9am, to practice music and then my gorgeous Maddy got baptized. Amazing day! The worship went so well, and Mads was fantastic in her talk…




Yesterday, Maddy and I went to Oxford for a free Spa day which was also brilliant.


I’m keen to get organizing with my new IMPACT! notebook so I’ll sign off. Also, exciting news coming up re: a car for me, and ordering my new guitar. As is obvious, I’ve decided not to worry about money in the near future, or I’ll never get anywhere!

No comments: