Sunday 15 April 2012

like an avalanche

I've been absent - it's been a couple of weeks in which I've been far too busy living my life to spend time writing about it. And that's okay - I refuse to feel guilty for that. I caught up with lots of people I love, had an amazing Easter weekend of spiritual food and welcomed my beautiful Maddy home.






The final two Love Monday pictures:



It's been an amazing fortnight but it's been messy. I've had some slip ups - particularly in the past couple of days, probably because I've been rocking the boat a little and experimenting with pushing my boundaries -with meals and eating things like bits of Easter Egg.



But I've also had moments of pure joy...

Like driving in the sun with my Maddy, newly home from Canada, listening to our Summer music and going to ikea. I bought a bright green lamp, because who doesn't love bright green?!, and ate ikea meatballs. The meatballs were so good, but nowhere near as good as having Mads back and eating and feeling comfortable with her.


Like the encouragement I got after exposing myself without a music or mic stand, and sining harmonies and as the only female singer at our recent unplugged IMPACT! on Easter night.

Like spending time with Matty without the normal rush, talking about our fears and plans for the future...and him rescuing me from a dead bird that Morag brought in!


..and all the love I got from the gorgeous dog and cat while housesitting...they genuinely helped me so much in difficult moments




I'm so thankful that I belong to a God of mercy and love. Every time I mess up, I'm more determined to tell other people about this love and grace that covers me...and that God meets us where we're at. He loves us too much to leave us there, but He does meet us in the situation we're currently in. Whether that's worshipping at a Christian festival, or lying on the bathroom floor with a burning throat and blood pounding in your ears...

When I make a mistake like that, I now have a failsafe routine for the next hour or so...I drink a bottle of water and try to eat a banana to replenish my body. Then I pray and listen to 'like an avalanche' to replenish me in a far deeper way....

And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compares to this love love love
Burning in my heart

No comments: