Friday 6 July 2012

Life continues...

things have been crazy busy around IMPACT! lately...we have walking day and our July outreach IMPACT! this weekend, along with lots more mentoring etc and I'm also having to take much more responsibility with the worship at church, so I've not had much free time for blogging!

I've had lots of fun times lately though - night out with Maddy and Shereen in Manchester; our girly beach party; birthday sunsets and celebrations; a day in Yorkshire with Matty; skiing at Chill Factore with Mads and lots more happy moments where I've thought 'you know what? this life really is beautiful and worth all the stress and struggles'. And it is:








I'm still processing a lot of stuff...things with food seem to be so unpredictable at the moment. Some days I can do really well and feel okay, then others I feel like I'm back to square one. But I'm trusting God with it still. Had a good journalling session yesterday...

This weekend is going to be so crazy, but I know it'll be worth it.  And I have a major set of our goals for it:
  •  no restricting food...at all. I'll eat what I really want to (obviously being realistic in terms of sticking to fairly healthy foods), when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm full.
  • no being sick/compensating for what I eat in any way.
  • relax around food; be more spontaneous...not just sticking to the exact same brands and foods.
I'm determined to be successful. Everything we're doing this weekend is to glorify God; to put Him up on a platform...there just isn't space for overthinking and wasting energy on earthly things like food. I'm also taking an upfront role a lot in terms of worship on the walking day float and at IMPACT! - I can't stand up there and glorify God publicly if I'm not doing it privately; in my own failings and struggles. His grace is sufficient to carry me through this and I need to trust Him by challenging myself.

<3

1 comment:

Jenn said...

i love the positivity i hear in your words :)

i love the goals. eating a balance and trying to be mindful can be so tricky but the more we practice it the easier it will become. i know you can do it! and i know it WILL get easier.

it sounds like you are having fun despite all the craziness of your schedule. and remember to take care of yourself too ; )