Wednesday 22 February 2012

circumstance...

I'm avoiding getting up today...I've been awake since just after 7am and now it's almost 10am, so a definite lie in for me! I feel guilty for wasting time when there are loads of things (Manna, going to walk Maisie, tidying etc) I should be doing...

On Sunday, I just woke up feeling SO happy! I had babysat overnight then was made breakfast by the kids' parents...I ate a teacake with butter and jam, drank a milky coffee and still felt happy. I drove to church in the most beautiful weather, smiled through the service and came home to make myself a lovely healthy salad...


Sunday was definitely a good day! I had another realization while listening to Tim Hughes' 'Giver of Life'...God's goodness is outside of circumstance. I already knew that, but the phrase particularly resounded with me, and it's something I keep reminding myself of.

Monday was hard. So hard. Can't really go into it, but basically Josh called me and broke up with me. "It's not you, it's me" is never really enough explanation, and of course my first reaction was to throw myself into restricting...but after spending 3 hours hiding out at motorway services, sobbing in my car, I was ready to be more logical.

I will be okay.

It's time to get up now. I feel ill today but that's just an excuse - I know the real reason is that I don't want to face breakfast. I haven't decided what to give up for Lent either so I'm avoiding possible Lent foods. Not that I should even give up a food anyway...it probably wouldn't be for the right reasons...

I'm going to bite the bullet, have some porridge and start my day...remembering, God's goodness is outside of circumstance <3

No comments: