Monday 6 February 2012

Monday reflections

This morning, I had the house to myself - Dad's gone to Spain for a few days and Mum's at work, and it's been lovely. I made myself a pot of coffee (ground the beans, used the lovely big cafetiere...) and opened my quiet time with a prayer inspired by one of the ladies at Manna. She prayed so beautifully and it made me want to try that style..."Good morning Lord, thank you for this beautiful day...".

Despite (or maybe because of!) having a hard morning in terms of food etc, my Manna was really revealing. I got a lot out of it and enjoyed using my new study Bible (I know, I'm a geek!). I loved sending 'love Monday' texts to our amazing youth as well.
So it's lovely to have a quiet, reflective Monday morning...


The last week or so has been fun! Very busy, but lots of laughter and spending time with some of the people I love.





The second-job hunt isn't going too well, although I'm trying hard now. I won't give up! For the minute, I'm doing lots of babysitting and walking Maisie for Sheila 3 times a week, which is keeping me afloat money wise. The thing I'm spending most money on at the minute is petrol, so I'm attempting (not too successfully really..) to cut down on journeys I don't really need to be making.



Last week's Maddy picture involved pots and pans in the kitchen - SO much fun creating that one! Am looking forward to today's which will involve the pet fish...good times.



Happy Monday! <3 hopefully this week will bring slightly milder weather, and more ability to stay in control, in a more healthy way - me not the ominous 'you need to lose more and more weight' voice controlling!, around food.

No comments: