Sunday 4 March 2012

strength in Him alone...

Last week's love Monday!:


This week has been VERY mixed. It started off really well - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were brilliant in terms of food and how I was feeling about everything. I met my 3 meals a day goal without exception, didn't stress too much and even managed to go clothes shopping without stressing out, to buy a proper running outfit!

I weighed myself on Tuesday and had lost a bit (despite my fears of gaining lots) and felt fit and well, full of energy and enjoyed another run


However, things went really downhill from Thursday night, when a meal I thought would be dealable with (at a friend's house, who generally eats really healthily) turned out to be pretty much worst case scenario. Definitely NOT safe foods, and it just panicked me.

Then comments and things kept stressing me out. I decided to go to Tesco to buy some healthy lunch stuff on Friday and I got really panicky deciding, because everything looked like it contained too many calories. It sounds ridiculous but I just left on the verge of tears and cried all the way around Maisie's walk. A definite low point, but I'm sure things will get better.

Yesterday, at the New Wine women's conference the speaker made this amazing point that resonated so strongly with me:
God uses EVERY situation and season of our lives to draw us into a deeper love for Him. Although we might not have chosen particular chapters, He uses all of them so that in our weakness, we might find our strength in Him alone.


I'm continuing to be open with people, I have actually still managed to stick to 3 meals a day always, despite my recent struggles, and I know I have an amazing support network. My God is able and I know I will overcome...

No comments: